ShopEasy has donated gift baskets for 2nd and 3rd place in each category: Tarts, Cookies, and Squares and Slices. Grand Prize winners in each category, $250 cash. Total of $750 in Cash Prizes. The Wilderness Lodge Tumbler Ridge has generously
donated $100 for much needed supplies, and TAGS Food and Gas is the sponsor for the banners.
Tumbler Ridge Bakers WOW US with your baking creations….
1.Professional bakers are not eligible for this contest. This does not preclude cooks from our local restaurants entering. There is also no age limit for contestants and youth are invited to enter.
2.Frozen pie shells and puff pastry shells are permitted, as are puddings and pie fillings; for example Jello.
3.Please do not use cream fillings.
4. All entries must have a name, address and phone number attached. Your receipe must also be attachedand may be featured in the newspaper.
5. All entries must have a minimum of 3 dozen pieces, on a disposable plate, plastic wrapped. In addition the contestant must supply 4 pieces on small disposable plates, covered in clear wrap for the judges tasting. Squares and slices must be a minimumof 2×2″ in size, and cookies must be a minimum of 3″in size. Short bread and speciality cookies are generally smaller and will be accepted as such.
6. Entries will be accepted between 2 and 4pmon December 6 in Room THREE. Entries delivered after 4pm will not be accepted.
7. There is NO ENTRY FEE and contestant smay enter in any or all categories providing that the above criteria is met. It is possible for one contestent to win in three categories and take home a total prize of $750.
All entries will be judged by our panels of judges based on a point system VISUAL PRESENTATION, 10 points, and ?TOOTHSOMENESS? 10 points ( taste, 5 points and texture, 5 points.)
8. Winners may have their receipes and pictures in Tumbler Ridge News.
JUDGING PANEL IS:
Judging will take place in the Community Centre, in front of the Art Gallery, between 5 and 7pm. Please join us and cheer your favourite entries and judges on…everyone is welcome.
Tarts: VISUAL, Father David,
TASTERS, Doug Spinney, Clark Hazelhurst, Michele Burton and Darryl Krakowka.
COOKIES: VISUAL Ed Theide,
TASTERS: Ben Kostimo, Kim Issac, and Michael Hunter
Squares and Slices:
Visual: Mary Broadbridge;
TASTERS: George Rowe, Ken Kilach, Jay Houston and Ray Proulx.
Tie Breaker Judges: Mike Caisley, Charles Helm and Caroline Crispen
The bake sale from the entries will take place as soon as the tables are ready; approximately 4:30 in the Community Centre. Prizes will be awarded the same evening, after the judging is completed. All monies raised will be used to stock the shelves of the newly created food bank, opening its doors January 2, 2008 at the New Life Assembly Church