BY-ELECTION WRAP UP

?I was surprised at the margin of victory?, said Pernell Kirby when asked how he feels about winning the by-election last week, ?There were a lot of good candidates running. The people of Tumbler Ridge have given me a vote of confidence. They believe that I will do a good job for them.? Kirby was at the Meeting of Council Monday night, observing the happenings.

Kirby won the election with 47% of the vote, leaving the other five candidates to divide the remaining 53%. Rob Mackay came in a distant second with 21% of the votes followed by Brian Sipe with 13%.