Field Services Engineer
DecisionOne is seeking an on-site FSE engineer for a client in Tumbler Ridge, BC location
- Engineer will be expected to use their Break-Fix skills and experience to carry out hardware repairs and configuration.
- Networking equipment using any spares available in stock or sent to site for the repair.
- Manage and coordinate the delivery to site and into stock and the returns process to vendor across all sites. This includes receiving parts required for an OEM engineer visit and repair.
- Perform the work on behalf of the hardware vendor (i.e. Dell, HP, Lexmark), and shall request spare parts and invoice the hardware vendor for these services – (Most of the Anglo American equipment’s are purchased with an onsite warranty agreement with 3 years).
- Provide Smart Hands for IMAC/D, B/F work.
- Receiving in and maintaining inventory of spare parts.
- Site surveys
- Resolve incidents that have not been resolved, therefore, escalated by first level or remote second level support teams.
- Provide ‘Smart Hands’ Services for other Infrastructure Services suppliers including responding to requests from BT to provide immediate on-site support to set up and close down calls if there is an issue with BT’s remote management of these functions, to provide in-call assistance and to ensure that projecting devices in meeting rooms are set up and functioning correctly.
- Update relevant Site-related documentation.
- Collaborate with Site industrial IT (IIT) teams to improve efficiency of Service.
- Conduct pre-installation and Site survey activities.
- Manage on-Site spares, deliveries and storage, and invocation and co-ordination of hardware warranty services
- Site support engineer working at the Site, Partner will ensure that they have and maintain an MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) qualification relevant to the prevalent PC operating system deployed by AA at that time.
- A+ also is required.
- All Partner Personnel providing On-Site Support Services shall speak English and the local language
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- 40 Hours per week – 8 Working Hours, excluding public holidays in that country.