What does retirement look like for you? It?s a personal vision of course, but my guess is that ? at least for the majority of you — it doesn?t look much like the hackneyed retirement images of slim, mature models sailing on their yachts. Maybe it means traveling the world. Are you hitchhiking or flying Concorde? Perhaps you?ll finally build that greenhouse you?ve always wanted, or maybe you?ll take up photography.
Your vision for retirement is an important step in your planning for the last 30 years of your life. There are many different ?formulas? to tell what kind of income you?ll need for retirement, but they won?t replace the value of a good discussion with your financial advisor about your personal dreams: when you want to retire and what you want to do.
If you?re thinking of retirement this year, you?ll need to do some practical planning for your retirement income needs. Here?s a list of seven questions to sit down with this month:
1.How soon do you expect to retire, and how many years should you be planning for? If you retire early, your retirement savings will need to last longer.
2. Will you be staying in your current home, or will you be downsizing or moving to Belize? Consider what your shelter costs will be in the coming years.
3. What outstanding debts will you have at retirement?
4. Do you plan to work part-time, or earn any occasional income? Does your favorite hobby have any financial rewards?
5.What are the top three activities you envision for your retirement and what will it cost to pursue them?
6. If you are married, do you have a financial plan in place that addresses the potential financial impact of the death of either of you?
7. How important is it to you to provide for loved ones through an inheritance of some kind? Consider how much you hope to leave your beneficiaries
?Stay tuned each week for the
45 Instructions For Life.
Full List Available When You Contact Us!?
1. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
2. Remember that your character is your destiny
3. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
4. Remember that the best relationship is one where your love for each other is greater than your need for each other.
5. Learn the rules then break some.
6. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a stroke of luck.
First Financial Securities Inc.
1110 ? 6th Avenue, 2nd Floor
Prince George, BC V2L 3M6